PRA Group Donates $50,000 to COVID-19 Relief Efforts
Today, PRA Group announced two new donations to support organizations aiding in COVID-19 relief and recovery efforts. A $25,000 donation to The CDC Foundation, supporting communities across the United States, has been matched by Lysol resulting in a $50,000 total contribution. PRA Group is also donating $25,000 to United Way South Hampton Roads to help meet local needs at its headquarters in Norfolk, Virginia.
“Today, we are announcing a $50,000 commitment to The CDC Foundation and United Way South Hampton Roads to help mitigate the unprecedented public threat posed by the COVID-19 outbreak,” said Kevin Stevenson, president and chief executive officer of PRA Group. “Many people are facing serious challenges so it is imperative that we work together to aid local and national organizations working to protect our communities.”
PRA Group’s donation will allow The CDC Foundation to:
- Help communities prevent, detect and respond to COVID-19.
- Deploy emergency staffing with the skills required to meet the needs on the front lines at the state and local level.
- Fund and deliver critical home essentials, such as food and medical needs to quarantined and isolated individuals.
- Develop education and awareness campaigns to advance prevention and reduce stigma.
- Build capacity and infrastructure for global response efforts and other immediate needs as they evolve.
United Way South Hampton Roads’ response efforts will focus on:
- Direct service to individuals through a Coronavirus Recovery Hotline with support from ForKids.
- Immediate support to human service agencies currently on the front lines.
- Long-term recovery planning.