PRA Group Entries Named Among Finalists for Seven UK Women in Credit Awards
PRA Group is pleased to announce that the company and its talented contributors are listed among the finalists for Credit Strategy’s 2023 UK Women in Credit Awards. The seven entries that will continue to the last round of judging include:
1. PRA Group is shortlisted for “Employer of the Year” due to its teams’ work to champion and spotlight key issues that impact women in the workplace. The nomination focused on initiatives such as PRA Group’s Women’s Affinity Network (WAN), Lean-In Circles, European Menopause Policy, Global Inclusion Week and recent “Women & Money” webinar with the Money Charity during Talk Money Week.
2. Brenda Hamilton, head of risk and compliance in the UK and Europe, has been recognized in the “Advocate of the Year” category. Hamilton has improved accountability and engagement among team members while also founding and moderating a forum for women leaders at all levels of the organization to exchange ideas, network and hone their leadership skills.
3. Elaine Abdelmessih, data engineer, is in the running for non-creditor “Innovator of the Year” due to her accomplishments translating complex datasets into automated and efficient processes.
4. Gloria Georgieva, data engineer, was named to the non-creditor “Team Player of the Year” category for creating data best practices that have resulted in improved efficiency across the company’s global operation, all while promoting a knowledge-sharing workplace culture and empowering other women in a male-dominated field.
5. Hannah Hague, communications and engagement business partner for the UK and Europe, will be considered for non-creditor “Colleague of the Year.” Hague seamlessly manages the task of planning and communicating impactful initiatives that resonate with diverse audiences and perspectives across the company’s European operation. Many of the programs she has championed have grown to an international scale, including Global Inclusion Week and a Pedometer Challenge that encourages teamwork, friendly competition and well-being worldwide.
6. Laura Hodgson, head of UK partnership operations, is among the finalists for non-creditor “Team Leader of the Year” because of her efforts to enhance company processes and the customer experience, develop strong working relationships with nonprofit debt advice providers and mentor women throughout the company.
7. Vikki Wilkins, head of customer services, earned recognition in the category of “Vulnerability Leader of the Year” for her work championing processes to address vulnerable populations with increased sensitivity not only within PRA Group, but also across the industry.
The winners will be announced in September 2023.
About PRA Group
As a global leader in acquiring and collecting nonperforming loans, PRA Group, Inc. returns capital to banks and other creditors to help expand financial services for consumers in the Americas, Europe and Australia. With thousands of employees worldwide, PRA Group companies collaborate with customers to help them resolve their debt. For more information, please visit www.pragroup.com.
Senior Vice President, Communications and Public Policy
Najim Mostamand, CFA
Vice President, Investor Relations