World Kindness Day at PRA Group
PRA Group offices are uniting to celebrate World Kindness Day on Monday, Nov. 13, and throughout the following week. Kindness is essential to continuing to foster an inclusive, caring workplace that prioritizes well-being and encourages employees to be themselves and be their best.
Read on for examples of ways companies can recognize and foster the spirit of kindness on World Kindness Day and beyond.
Yellow symbolizes camaraderie, kindness, and gratitude. Our colleagues are wearing yellow throughout the week to remind one another to keep simple acts of kindness top-of-mind.
Contribute to a “kindness corner.”
Whether located at the main entrance or in a break room, “kindness corners” can be found in our sites across the U.S. this week. Employees are encouraged to write and anonymously tape words of kindness to encourage their colleagues.
Play a game to get everyone engaged.
Have you ever seen a Bingo card labelled with random acts of kindness? Our offices in North Carolina, Kansas, Tennessee, and Virginia are playing this game during breaks as a reminder of how many easy ways one can be kind to others throughout the course of an ordinary day.
Our colleagues in Texas are giving one another “high fives” metaphorically by writing encouraging words on tracings of their teammates’ hands.
Display kindness quotes on shared screens.
Kindness has been celebrated throughout the ages! Well-known quotes about kindness are encouraging reminders of the impact kindness can have on another person’s day, week, or year.
Host a drive or volunteer event benefiting a local nonprofit.
Extend kindness beyond the office by participating in food drives or volunteering to support local nonprofit organizations. Some examples from our sites include:
- In North Richland Hills, Texas, the team is hosting a food drive for SafeHaven of Tarrant County;
- In Norfolk, Virginia, our colleagues are hosting a food drive to benefit the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore;
- The team in Hutchinson, Kansas, is collecting change and using it to buy canned food to add to their food drive, which is benefiting the Food Bank of Reno County;
- Our colleagues in Hampton, Virginia, are volunteering with the Virginia Peninsula Foodbank;
- Our Jackson, Tennessee, colleagues are hosting a nonprofit coat drive and volunteering with the Jackson Animal Care Center; and
- Our Mental and Emotional Well-Being Employee Resource Group championed a supply drive to benefit CHKD’s Pediatric Mental Health Hospital and Outpatient Clinic.
Each of these serves as a reminder that kindness is a gift to others–and that there are infinite ways one can spread kindness, no matter how large or small.
About PRA Group
As a global leader in acquiring and collecting nonperforming loans, PRA Group, Inc. returns capital to banks and other creditors to help expand financial services for consumers in the Americas, Europe and Australia. With thousands of employees worldwide, PRA Group companies collaborate with customers to help them resolve their debt. For more information, please visit www.pragroup.com.
Senior Vice President, Communications and Public Policy
Najim Mostamand, CFA
Vice President, Investor Relations